Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

chris

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test7]

Post by chris »

You should have a binary in the directory you compiled in. The makefile doesn't have any install instructions.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You run mudlet from src, it's not installable system-wide properly.

yonaton

Post by yonaton »

That's what I meant though...there's no 'mudlet' binary for me to use to start. Not in the /mudlet/src dir nor anywhere else. If it compiled with no errors and installed with none but those 'strip' things, where'd it go?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

This post used to be me posting code and a screenshot regarding the black box issue, but with the latest commit in git as of this writing the issue seems to be resolved. In 15 out of 15 tests the black box did not return.

Thanks, Heiko

Sidd

Post by Sidd »

I just wanted to say I really like the new upates through test7.

The map load in settings is awesome as well as the visual for one way exits. I'm sure there are a bunch of other behind the scene fixes that I haven't really noticed yet.

All in all, It's quite nice to have such awesome updates. Thanks everyone who contributed to making this last push of updates possible!

Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

I'm not sure whats wrong with this latest version for me. I can't seem to download it due to some NSIS error and something about the author not signing the authenticity or whatever about it. A possible cause could be incomplete downloads or damaged media as it also points out. Would anyone have any clue as to how this can be rectified on my Windows 7 OS? Right now, I had to revert to an older version of Mudlet2.0. Or does it explain anywhere on proper downloading steps as to prevent this?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I think you should just try redownloading it, looks like your download was corrupted.

Qwindor

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test8]

Post by Qwindor »

With the newest test8 version i can not seem to be able to install scripts that are put into a zip file via the package manager

Edit:
It would load the zip file with no issue in test7 but when i updated to test8 again it would just do nothing. No crashes no freezing. Would pop up the unzipping file for a second then it would close that window and not even load the script

Rohn

Post by Rohn »

Attempted to load the latest (and previous) versions of SVO using the Package Manager interface. It did not work. Showed it was unzipping, but that was it. Eventually wrote a script to use the new installPackage([[filepath and name]]) and that worked fine. The Package Manager interface did work with a previously saved package of information and with the mapper package.

Hope this helps to debug

Omni

Post by Omni »

When installing a package through the package installer gui, the name of the listed package and the parent folder becomes the path name with backslashes and periods stripped out: C:Documents and SettingsbubDesktopmyalias