Is Mudlet development dead? [nop, last updated 2017]

Sivan

Is Mudlet development dead? [nop, last updated 2017]

Post by Sivan »

The last version I have for Debian is 2.0-test4 from October of 2011.

I really like this program and would like to see development continue on it.

Thanks

Lezard

Re: Is Mudlet development dead?

Post by Lezard »

just think about it, the longer we have to wait, the better it's going to be when it does come out with a new release ;)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Development is still continuing, we just haven't published releases. Also Debian isn't exactly the best platform to be on if you want to be seeing the latest and greatest software ;)

chris

Post by chris »

If you are on a linux variant, just clone off the official sourceforge development branch or one of the branches to enjoy the latest and greatest.

avidal

Post by avidal »

Chris; the most recent change on mudlet/master is from 5 months ago, so I think the question is still valid. Has Heiko stopped developing mudlet? Is the majority of new work going on in your github mirror?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

He hasn't stopped developing - just real life happened, he got quite busy. We're all still working on this project, and remember that it's done in our spare time that we can devote to making this.

avidal

Post by avidal »

Right on. I'm glad it's not dead, even if it's currently stalled. I personally think shifting hosting to github as the primary would be a good idea; as it'll really allow people to contribute much easier. Perhaps a mudlet organization on github with a mudlet repository for the mudlet source, and perhaps some additional repositories for super userful and common mudlet packages.

chris

Post by chris »

I would say my repository and others are the reason mudlet will be very hard to kill. That's the beauty of open source (as compared to cmud which from the forum posts, seems effectively dead), one developer gets hits by rl and another can pick up. Soon as I get time to figure out how to package for windows I can host binaries on my github as well for the non-saavy users.

Barnabus

Post by Barnabus »

Just wanted to ping this thread, it's been quite a while now.... I'm adding features to my local GIT, and want to know if I should co-ordinate?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Should? Yes, certainly. Please keep it in sync with the main SF branch, and Heiko will merge it in.

Please do be public about major changes though, make a forum topic to discuss it and all, to work things out and not have surprises or dissapointments.