possible bug with events

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: possible bug with events

Post by Heiko »

You can compile mudlet on windows too. If you follow the instructions and install the dependency packages right into c:\ it will work out of the box. If you install it anywhere else you'll need manual adjustments.
instructions: http://mudlet.sourceforge.net/wordpress/?page_id=30
If you've compiled it once, any further compiles will be only consist of deleting c:\mudlet, unpacking the new source package, starting qt-console, cd c:\mudlet, qmake, make release, copy c:\mudlet\src\release\mudlet.exe into the directory containing the libs & the old mudlet.exe from the windows installer. So it's a bit of pain once, but after that it's simple.

Dual boot is always a nasty thing. Unless you know what you are doing you should stay away from trying to fix it and stay with windows instead in my opinion.

I can't release a new windows binary package before Sunday at the earliest as way too much new stuff has been added and it isn't finished yet.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely look at compiling it for windows.

Though I'll still go back and sort out the dual boot. It went smoothly enough on my laptop, I just made the one mistake this time round. I won't try to fix anything, I'll just reinstall ubuntu - the install was only a day old anyway so its not like I lost much.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I installed qt4.
I unpacked lua and scintilla to C:\

Code: Select all

C:\QScintilla-gpl-2.3.2\Qt4>qmake

C:\QScintilla-gpl-2.3.2\Qt4>make
'make' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
^ As you can see, I did as instructed in the correct directory.
Something is missing.

I couldn't make lua either. The instruction says "make mingw" but it doesn't say from which directory. I tried every directory I could think of, but I get the same error.

What have I missed?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Have you installed the qt4.5 SDK ?
On windows you should go for qt4.5 directly and install the SDK bundle that you can get here:
http://www.qtsoftware.com/downloads/sdk-windows-cpp

When you have installed the SDK, open the qt command console. You can find this program in the qt4.5 sdk program folder.
*THEN* make etc. will be configured correctly if you issue your commands from this special console.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Yeah I did that first, and the quote I showed was what happened in the qt4 command console.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I'll help you later.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Obviously the path to make isn't set correctly on your system. In the Qt-prompt console go to directory:
C:\QScintilla-gpl-2.3.2\Qt4>
then type:
qmake
then
"c:\Qt\2009.02\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe"
That's it

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I have just had a look at the windows compile and found that some of the dependencies have upgraded their packages and that what I have described before is not valid anymore - at least it requires a fair bit of knowledge to get Mudlet to compile on windows.
For most people it's simply unrealistic to get this to work. I have just released an updated windows installer as a pre-beta-10-git-snapshot version for windows. This is can be found in a seperate snapshot package in the download section.