logging to html

Caled

logging to html

Post by Caled »

Firefox displays a bunch of strange symbols.
Opera displays:
arkening<br/>horizon,thearmor-cladfigureoftheLordofTruthstridesfromthe<br/>TypeMOREtocontinuereading.(67%shown)<br/>H:</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(0,179,0);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">4557</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(192,192,192);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">|</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(0,179,0);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">5448</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(192,192,192);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">B:</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(128,0,0);font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">100</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(192,192,192);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">%Exp:28[</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(0,179,0);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">kcsdbaeb</span><spanstyle="color:rgb(192,192,192);font-weight:normal;font-style:normal;font-decoration:normal">]{100|100|100|100}<br/>�Gardentomeettheshadow.<br/><br/>Hislongswordsreflectingtheboltsoflightningthatrpacrossthe<br/>heavens,Lanosslashestheshadowwithawhirlofthemagicblades.In<br/>aninstant,thebeinglashesbackattheGodwitsurpr
Gedit cannot open it at all as it cannot detect the character encoding.

Is there something I am missing when it comes to logging to html? And yes, I have logged to html and not a replay log - I am not trying to open a *.dat file with a browser.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: logging to html

Post by Heiko »

html logging was broken. I fixed it and added a new mini button to record replays. The log to replay option got turned into a log to text only instead of html for those who want to do some longer logs as html logs grow insanely large if there's a lot of background colors.

Caled

Post by Caled »

The html log option logs the lines as they arrive from the mud. It doesn't log the various echos etc.

Is this possible? This is not necessarily a big problem, since replays are so cool, but with replays existing, the main reason to lot to html is if you want to post a log for other people to see - i.e. to brag or laugh about. This is a bit nicer when people can see your system in action as well.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This would be a buffer dump instead of a server log. In theory this is no big deal, but the problem is how you do the buffer dump because you can access older parts of the buffer via moveCursor functions and change older parts of the buffer.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Good point.

Zmud has a "save buffer to file" option from the menu bar (under 'file' if I remember right). Maybe just that, rather than saving the log as you go?

Edit: Just to be clear, I mean that -after- the fight, you can go "file>Save scrollback to log" and the whole buffer is dumped into a log file.