Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet 2.0 final]

csmall

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test4]

Post by csmall »

Rakon wrote:The Debian wheezy package listed on the first post, is not able to be found for installation.
Is it hosted somewhere else too?
Short Answer: It is there now.

Long Answer:
Mudlet RC11 was removed from wheezy due to some compile problems on some architectures. The problem was that there are two libraries, liblua and libluajit. liblua is available across all architectures while libluajit is only available on some. To make it worse, this bug meant another transition (hunspell) couldn't occur so it was just jamming up the system.

The Debian package building scripts patch the project files so it detects which one is available and prefers libluajit if both are there. RC11 had that, but the control file (which is what the automagic builders use to compile it across all the other architectures) was wrong and the builders complained.

So RC12 is the updated code from Heiko and the fixes on the control file which means it should be available across all architectures now. I've just checked the buildd page and can see that everyone is happy. It was updated to Sid on the 3rd of November and moved into Wheezy on the 14th after the usual 10 day delay.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks for your work :)

Caled

Post by Caled »

In the new module manager,
the uninstall option doesn't seem to work.
I accidentally installed the wrong package, and now I can't remove it. At all.
If I delete its components, they reappear next time I start my session. Uninstall just flashes the screen and nothing happens.

Help? If I have to rebuild all these packages and start fresh, it's going to take an hour and I'm really keen to not need to do that (again). I've been through the process half a dozen times over the weekend :(

Edit: Sync also doesn't seem to work. I reverted back to a previous save to get rid of the above wrong package.
I then spent 2 hours coding, saving multiple times as I went. Upon restarting mudlet, the system is right back where it was at that save I originally reverted to.
:(
Ew. Anyway, that's my experience with the new package management system so far (I think I'll stop testing it out now, hehe).

chris

Post by chris »

What do you mean by the wrong package? Is it a valid mudlet package? For the sync, do you have the option for syncing clicked? You can monitor the writing/resyncing from the console you launched mudlet from. Also, you can go into a profile .xml and delete the wrong modules for the time being.

edit: I figured out what was wrong, I didn't change the uninstall index after adding a priority field. It's fixed now in my github (mudlet.cpp)

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I added this tidbit to my mapper script to make special exits be mappable again on test4, if anyone would like to use it for theirs:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
function fixSpecialExits(directions)
  for i = 1, #directions do
    if directions[i]:match("^%d") then directions[i] = directions[i]:sub(2) end
  end
end

Urswick

Post by Urswick »

Greetings all,

I know I am a bit behind the curve with updating to the newest version, but I downloaded it and it went fine and I like the speed and the cleaner look. It seems to be stripping some info from my IMTS which handles my affliction tracker and displays my target as suffixes to the input line. I was using the last mxp enabled version. I would like to use the newest and not roll back, but will if I have to.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Disable MXP in Mudlet with 'force MXP off' in special settings.

Urswick

Post by Urswick »

Worked perfectly, thanks!

yonaton

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test5]

Post by yonaton »

Is there a source tarball somewhere I can download so I can try it in Slackware?

Vadi

Re: Mudlet-2.0 release candidates [latest: Mudlet-2.0-test5]

Post by Vadi »

No, it is tagged in the git repository instead: http://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/g ... -2.0-test5