Alertness parsing [gmcp]

Share your scripts and packages with other Mudlet users.
Mosr

Alertness parsing [gmcp]

Post by Mosr »

turns
Your enhanced senses inform you that Denex has entered Entering the main gate of Ashtan nearby.
into
[ALERTNESS]: Denex here.

or into
Your enhanced senses inform you that Denex has entered Entering the main gate of Ashtan nearby.
[ALERTNESS]: Denex here.
Requires GMCP. Check out the script portion for the toggle for the gag. The gag is enabled by default.

Edit: this works for all mapped areas and directions.
[ALERTNESS]: Yuloth northwest
Attachments
room_parse_script.xml.xml
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

Rakon

Re: Alertness parsing [gmcp]

Post by Rakon »

There are a lot of areas in achaea that are not mapped server side. How is this script better or different from standard alertness triggers, being based off of GMCP?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Looks nice, I'll add it to the IRE Mapper script - I'll add compression into it firstly though.

A lot of areas are being mapped out by the way, my new mapper script which notifies was when a map update happened is pretty much going off every day.

Mosr

Post by Mosr »

GMCP room info doesn't give names. Unless of course you just want to have alertness echo you some room numbers.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Mosr wrote:GMCP room info doesn't give names. Unless of course you just want to have alertness echo you some room numbers.

I don't think you understand what I was questioning. How is your GMCP script better than utilizing an in game trigger matching the text of an alertness line?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I'm confused at this point now - 'in game trigger'?

Mosr

Post by Mosr »

That would defeat the entire purpose of having a script that takes the alertness line and translates it to "PERSON NORTHWEST" instead of "PERSON - THE MAIN GATES OF ASHTAN".

Unless of course you found some kind of in game mechanic that automatically updates a table with the adjacent room names.

&Vadi: if by compression you mean compressing people like you did with your trample script- I did something like that but chose not to include it for some reason. Not exactly sure why, but I'll look forward to not having to redo it. :) Also, if you're gonna add it to the standard package, might wanna include an alias-toggle for the gag or something. :D

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Well if you have it done, repost it?

I don't think an alias will be necessary, triggers will still work and this output is better.

Mosr

Post by Mosr »

Sorry if I was unclear. I don't have it anymore- it was deleted on accident when I was trying to delete something else.