A panning mapper

All and any discussion and development of the Mudlet Mapper.
chris

A panning mapper

Post by chris »

I setup a git branch:
https://github.com/Chris7/Mudlet/commits/master

which includes the following changes for the mapper:
2d mode:
If the user holds the left mouse button on a non-room, the map will pan. If they hold control+left mouse button, they will get the familiar multi-select grid.
3d mode:
If the user holds the left mouse button on a non-room, the map will pan.

I'm new with using github so hopefully everything is ok. I'll be adding more tweaks most likely to it as I add features I feel are lacking to the mapper.

Vadi

Re: A panning mapper

Post by Vadi »

Works pretty great, but I think you need to sync to latest? The mapper seems to be lacking the performance improvements + no AA option that was added.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

I'm also looking to branch the Mudlet code to my github (in sync with the main branch) and then update and hopefully push some code back. Everytime I've tried this todate, git complains that my version is 'more updated than the mudlet 'master' branch' ... which, I thought was the point. Vadi or chris, would you be able to go about getting a github branch in sync with the Mudlet master and then accept my changes to the personal github??

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Figured it out:

Checkout the git repo at Github or

Code: Select all

git clone git@github.com:Penquincoder/Mudlet-Tweak.git

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okay cool!

chris

Post by chris »

I updated my repo to reflect the most up to date version. There are 2 branches, Mudlet, which is a clone of the current latest version of mudlet. And master, which is that clone with my tweaks. The Mudlet branch is a bit cluttered right now (/mudlet subdir is clean) until I figure out how to clean it up remotely. The master branch has no extraneous files like the Mudlet branch.

Note: I just realized how terrible it was to call a branch Mudlet, which is also the name of the repo itself. Sorry for now

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Hm had to make build/tmp in src/ manually this time, but otherwise compiles fine.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

+1, works great, will pull again