Complete newbie to mudlet

Mystere9

Complete newbie to mudlet

Post by Mystere9 »

Couple of questions, with no particular coherence other than that they both bother me.

1. How do I make my settings stick permanently? Every time I close and reopen the program spellcheck is turned back on, and my default trigger pattern is back to "substring".

2. Supposedly in Lua, variables are automatically detected to be numbers or strings(or something else). In practice, I have initialized a variable as a number, set it equal to a matches[] variable with the (\d+) pattern, and then attempted to use it in a simple "if" evaluation(if health < maxhealth * 8 / 9), but it is treated as a string(i.e. "5128" instead of just 5128), causing the evaluation to always return false. The only way to get it to work was to multiply the variable by 1(if health * 1 < maxhealth * 8 / 9). Anybody have a clue what I might be doing wrong?
Ignore this question, I figured it out by myself. I've been using the tonumber() function on all matches[] patterns that require it.

Denarii

Re: Complete newbie to mudlet

Post by Denarii »

When you quit after changing the settings, did you save the profile?

Mystere9

Re: Complete newbie to mudlet

Post by Mystere9 »

Denarii wrote:When you quit after changing the settings, did you save the profile?
Yes, often multiple times. It seems to be a recurring issue. The strange thing is that certain other options are saved such as font type, GMCP, line wrap, and obviously all my reflexes, etc. It's just that a couple options get reset every time. I have The Iron Realms games mapper and the Achaea fancy GUI installed, but nothing else.