a timer problem

Caled

a timer problem

Post by Caled »

Timer name: test
Set time to 1 second
Script:
send( "\n" .. "Test echo" )

If I do that from the GUI, and click-activate the timer, it will fire every second.

Now, create a timer group, stick that timer into it, and it will fire one time only.

Caled

Re: a timer problem

Post by Caled »

Also,
enableTimer( "timername" )
doesn't work. The timer just doesn't get enabled, even when its not in a timer group.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I can't test enableTimer() right now, but the normal gui timers do work on my system. However, timers in groups get the wrong icon i. e. they get the offset timer icon instead of the normal timer icon.

Can you plz test this package and see if it works and report back. The package contains an offset timer and a regular timer in a timer group. The package should work out of the box, but if it doesn't plz restart Mudlet and try again. Thx.
Attachments
timerTest.xml.zip
(508 Bytes) Downloaded 418 times

Caled

Post by Caled »

1. This text: "timer #2 FIRES" shows once only, 3 seconds after disabling and enabling this timer in the script editor.

2. This text: "offset timer 1 of parent timer #1 fires- --> offset #1" did not at any time appear, though the first line of that timer: "timer #1 fires" did display correctly, 3 seconds after I manually activated it in the script editor.

I did close and restart mudlet. The mudlet version is beta 10pre4 on windows xp.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This is obviously a windows only problem. I'll fix it tonight.