Newline and Duplicated Settings

Tael

Newline and Duplicated Settings

Post by Tael »

This is likely an obscenely stupid question, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to force a new line. It's really ugly when I use a keybind or a trigger fires and it just throws the text onto the same line as the prompt rather than just adding a newline. It's also hard to keep track of text on the same line as the prompt given that I know to usually ignore it.

Also I sometimes get full duplicates of everything. I log out, save settings, close mudlet, and when I go back in I mysteriously have two of everything. This has repeated enough times to have triggers firing five times every time the event occurs and I'm being inundated with spam. Can anyone give me a solution other than deleting all of the extras each time?

Caled

Re: Newline and Duplicated Settings

Post by Caled »

In an echo, it is
echo( "The text you're displaying" .. "\n" )

^ "\n"

As for the duplicated settings, its happened to me once since I installed the newest version, and it was after I did something odd in the script editor. I wasn't able to reproduce it though. I think it has something to do with the current profile, and the backup profile both being loaded.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Newline and Duplicated Settings

Post by Heiko »

1. You have full cursor control in Mudlet. Consequently, you can do pretty much anything you can think of.
The simplest way in your case is to use echo("\nThis is on a new line\nThis is another a new line").

2. Duplications of items only happen if you illegally use the same profile in two simultaneous instances of Mudlet. Export your profile as a package (trigger editor save_profile_as), make a seperate new profile for your second character and then import the package.

If you happen to use an older version of Mudlet then duplications of items can happen after drag & drop. Upgrade Mudlet.