Trigger issues with RegExp

Baatti

Trigger issues with RegExp

Post by Baatti »

Hey so, here's a screen shot of what I have set up, but the trigger won't fire.

Any suggestions?
Attachments
Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-1.png (109.63 KiB) Viewed 5396 times

Ramiel

Re: Trigger issues with RegExp

Post by Ramiel »

Give it a go in www.regexpal.com

Its great for debugging regex.

I'd just use this pattern tho:

^(\w+) snaps h.. fingers in front of you\.$

Parnakra

Post by Parnakra »

You've chosen the wrong pattern type, it should be a Perl regex. I made the same mistake, Heiko explained it here.

Caled

Post by Caled »

No, I don't think they did. That field doesn't necessarily show what the existing pattern is if that pattern is not selected. Its just showing what the next pattern will be if nothing is selected.

Each trig type shows as a different colour pattern in the list. I checked and regex trig types show as blue. Substring shows as a dark grey, maybe black.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

He uses vadis ubuntu binary packages for ubuntu 9.04 64 bit. Vadi is on the same system and has had similar problems with beta-9.

It seems to me that the binary package for 64 bit ubuntu 9.04 is badly broken for some binary incompatibility or some broken ubuntu regex package. This has been reported twice, but only on 64 bit Ubuntu.

I recommend that he compiles the latest mudlet source code himself on his machine.
If the problems persist, he'll have to compile PCRE 7.8 himself on his machine too and link mudlet against his own compiled libs. This ubuntu 64 bit issue needs to be investigated a bit more.