autocomplete in script editor

Caled

autocomplete in script editor

Post by Caled »

I finally installed Ubuntu 9.04, but I am finding the autocomplete in the script editor to be doing the same thing that it used to do in 8.10 (and was subsequently disabled for). When it suggests something to complete, I can't keep typing, I can't press enter or escape - the only option is to click with the mouse.

I'll disable it in the source for now, but I thought you should know that the problem (it was a Scintilla bug, right?) is still occurring in 9.04. I was actually under the impression that this bug in ubuntu was fixed in 9.04.

If it is just me, and other people using Jaunty are not having this problem, let me know - I installed Ubuntu ultimate this time instead of the stock ubuntu, so it may be that the developer of that version is using the older scintilla perhaps. If that is the case, could I please get a few precise details to post to their forum?

(I'm not entirely sure I like Ubuntu UE, but all of the video problems I have because of my ATI card are fixed in it, while they are still present in Jaunty, so...)

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: autocomplete in script editor

Post by Heiko »

It seems to me that you are using some older version of Mudlet because I have replaced qscintilla by a custom text editor as of beta-14 because we had tons of problems especially with MAC OSX and Linux. The new text editor doesn't yet have autocompletion.

Caled

Post by Caled »

Heiko wrote:It seems to me that you are using some older version of Mudlet because I have replaced qscintilla by a custom text editor as of beta-14 because we had tons of problems especially with MAC OSX and Linux. The new text editor doesn't yet have autocompletion.
Oh, thats right. I was so busy on Saturday I forgot - I can't find a link anywhere for the latest git.

git clone git://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/mudlet

That doesn't work anymore, and the "or as an archive" link doesn't download anything, nor can I find where on sf it is to be downloaded, so I temporarily installed mudlet 13 then forgot about it. Tonight is basically the first time since Saturday that I've used mudlet.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

SF.net has improved the get repositories to allow more than one repository per project. As a result the old pathes have been invalidated. Vadi has to update the homepage.
You can get the latest code from here:

http://mudlet.git.sourceforge.net/git/g ... EAD;sf=tgz