Windows VS MiniConsole

Davyde84

Windows VS MiniConsole

Post by Davyde84 »

Why MiniConsole doesn't copy theentire format of the copied line while windows do?

how can i have it?
it copy colors but not the font i think

Drevarr

Re: Windows VS MiniConsole

Post by Drevarr »

You can control the FontSize but not the Font for a miniConsole. They utilize the default font.

calcFontSize(fontSize)
Used to calculate the number of pixels wide and high a character would be on a mini console at fontSize. As the primary intended usage is for calculating the needed dimensions of a miniConsole, it doesn't accept a font argument as the miniConsoles currently only work with the default font for the sake of portability.
Returns two numbers, width/height

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Windows VS MiniConsole

Post by SlySven »

I think the OP could mean that if they use the "copy HTML" operation it may not copy the font used for that window - or perhaps they can not change the font. I do recall revising the HTML copy code so that it at least attempts to use the font that the main console has been set to but IIRC the debug/errors and sub-consoles have no font setting controls so there is no further font-setting done for the generated HTML file.

Actually, Davyde84 how do you get on with Mudlet and accented characters - in what I think must be Italian? I am aware that we have several short-comings in non-ASCII character support - which is something that I want to see fixed for Mudlet 4.0! :)