lua function fg broken? (or just me getting it wrong?)

Caled

lua function fg broken? (or just me getting it wrong?)

Post by Caled »

Code: Select all

Pattern: You have recovered balance on all limbs.
Script:
leftarmb = "l"
rightarmb = "r"
armb = "lr"
selectString( "You have recovered balance on all limbs.", 1 )
[Sat Apr 25 15:46:03 2009] LUA OK script Balance regained (Trigger9) ran without errors

Pattern: You have recovered balance on all limbs.
Script:
leftarmb = "l"
rightarmb = "r"
armb = "lr"
selectString( "You have recovered balance on all limbs.", 1 )
fg( green )
[Sat Apr 25 15:43:47 2009] LUA: ERROR running script Balance regained (Trigger9) ERROR:Lua error:...
Settings/Administrator/.config/mudlet/LuaGlobal.lua:384: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I'm using version 9 of mudlet, in windows.

Caled

Re: lua function fg broken? (or just me getting it wrong?)

Post by Caled »

One more question, are there features mentioned in the manual that are not yet implemented? I just read the following quoted passage from the manual, but can't see such a trigger option anywhere in the script editor.
Beginners should use Mudlet’s automated colorizer triggers in the beginning to get the hang of the different trigger and pattern types quicker. Click on the "colorizer trigger" option and pick a foreground and a background color. When the trigger matches it automatically colorizes its pattern. This is the most used form of triggers in mudding as it is a quick way of highlighting words that are important to you at the moment. This helps you spot things at a single glance instead of reading the entire text. You don’t have to know anything about scripting, regular expressions etc. to use colorizer triggers. Just type in the word you like to be highlighted, select appropriate colors, save the new trigger and activate it.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Caled wrote:

fg( green )
[Sat Apr 25 15:43:47 2009] LUA: ERROR running script Balance regained (Trigger9) ERROR:Lua error:...
Settings/Administrator/.config/mudlet/LuaGlobal.lua:384: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

I'm using version 9 of mudlet, in windows.
It's fg( "green" ) or bg( "red" ).

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Caled wrote:One more question, are there features mentioned in the manual that are not yet implemented? I just read the following quoted passage from the manual, but can't see such a trigger option anywhere in the script editor.
Beginners should use Mudlet’s automated colorizer triggers in the beginning to get the hang of the different trigger and pattern types quicker. Click on the "colorizer trigger" option and pick a foreground and a background color. When the trigger matches it automatically colorizes its pattern. This is the most used form of triggers in mudding as it is a quick way of highlighting words that are important to you at the moment. This helps you spot things at a single glance instead of reading the entire text. You don’t have to know anything about scripting, regular expressions etc. to use colorizer triggers. Just type in the word you like to be highlighted, select appropriate colors, save the new trigger and activate it.
The manual is linked to the most current git version of the manual as it is still being produced at the moment and far from finished.
The mentioned feature can be found in the current git version of Mudlet. You can compile it yourself or wait for Beta-10 to be released later this weekend.