XP Timer

panamaniac

XP Timer

Post by panamaniac »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to make an xp timer. Ideally, I would have a command that starts a timer and records my current xp, and then another command that determines what my xp gain per hour is. It would also be nice to have the option to have it automatically tell my xp rate at an interval of my choosing.

Below is the text I get when I look at my XP (minus the ***).

To raise a stat type 'improve <stat>'
You have 100000 (36%) to spend on stats, skills or to use to level.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: XP Timer

Post by Belgarath »

You could make an alias to initialise the variables and send the command to capture your starting XP. You could make some timers and use enableTimer to start them after capturing the starting amount. Those timers would serve to capture your gained XP.

So, for example, to calculate the amount of XP you gain per hour, you could set a timer for every ten minutes, capture the XP, subtract it by your last XP amount, and multiply it by 6. It doesn't have to be every ten minutes, you could make it every minute (and then you would multiply the difference by 60 instead of 6).

panamaniac

Post by panamaniac »

Thanks, Belgarath! Everything you're saying makes sense. The issue is that I need to know how to actually code these things! :D :D I've worked only a little with timers and have no idea how I'd capture and store a value, then capture subsequent values and do simple math that involves these values using the code. Any ideas? TBH I'm still kinda shocked that there isn't something like this floating out there that I can modify...

aespe

Post by aespe »

I am also now trolling the internet looking for help with calculating xp on mudlet. to see current xp to go till level I have to type 1 of 2 commands those being info or stat. To see anything xp related those commands have to be input. I would like to be able to see my xp gained per mob and see the echo that triggers at the death.