Moving Profiles

Nylian

Moving Profiles

Post by Nylian »

I am trying to move profiles between computers and not having much success.

I have mudlet installed on both, from the primary computer I am copying the .config, Mudlet, and mudlet-data folders and files.

Windows 7:
"Mudlet" folder - the one in \..\appdata\local
".config" folder - the one in c:\users\currentuser
"mudlet-data" file - the one in c:\users\currentuser

It shows the different profiles on the secondary computer but not the snapshots, nor does it have the packages installed like it does on the primary.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the help.

Nyl

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Re: Moving Profiles

Post by SlySven »

Have you copied the entire directory tree under c:\users\currentuser\.config\Mudlet AND c:\users\currentuser\.config\mudlet - IIRC you may have both {is "currentuser" actually what it is called, how does that work for multiple users - does Windows remap that to something else for each user - I'm not familiar with 'Doze 7' so you'd have to talk me through it... :wink: } On *nix operating systems the "hidden" .config directory in a user's home directory is a central place for different applications to store their config and other data - each application in their OWN subdirectory or possibly common to similar applications that know about each other or who can share.

FYI, The mudlet directory holds virtually all the data, the Mudlet one contains only the "Mudlet 1.0.conf" file, an ".ini" format config file that is automagically setup by the Qt libraries' QSettings system - this oddity is a result of the Mudlet application being called "Mudlet" not "mudlet"... :oops:

Nylian

Re: Moving Profiles

Post by Nylian »

Found my problem.

Dropbox wasn't taking all of the files. For some reason it was missing some selectively, with no errors or specific messages. I think it has a limit on individual file size in a bulk upload.

I used a USB drive and had zero problems.

Thanks for the help everyone.