Crashing losing all information

treimor

Crashing losing all information

Post by treimor »

So i spent probably 2-3 hours last night writing functions/trigs and such. I got home from work today, and when i went to use mudlet (i never closed it), it crashed. I lost everything i did last night, and i don't know why.

Does mudlet not actually save your settings as you create them? do i need to explicitly save the file after every new thing i add? A little bit frustrated to lose 30+ functions and settings.

treimor

Re: Crashing losing all information

Post by treimor »

Nevermind, i just read the tooltip that crashing will not save any changes. I guess i'll have to get into the habit of non-stop saving.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

I treat everything to do with computers the same way, when I do something I want to keep I save it. This started about 30 years ago when the power went off when I was in the middle of PRINT "Hello Wor
Mapper of Bedlam

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The 'save profile' button on top saves (and creates a snapshot you can revert to).

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Post by Belgarath »

Hehe. I actually made a complaint about this in an earlier forum post. Not much to do about it unless you load your scripts in from a separate file.

I just save my profiles religiously now as a habit. To deal with so many profiles being saved I just add deleteOldProfiles to an event when Mudlet closes.