Alias Crashing Client?

Kolari08

Alias Causing Crash?

Post by Kolari08 »

I've been searching through the forum and have found users describing this same issue, though I cannot find a definitive answer. If it already exists, please direct me to the post.

For whatever reason, whenever I try to execute an alias, Mudlet will crash. It is typically an alias that requires three commands or more. I've made completely sure my programming is right and the alias is not already a command in the game. i remember playing with Mudlet years ago and did not encounter this issue, though I can't recall if I was using aliases then or not.

Can anyone help or do I need to be more specific?

Kolari08

Alias Crashing Client?

Post by Kolari08 »

I've been searching through the search index and have seen this problem inquired of before but can't find a definitive answer. Someone please link me to the thread I'm missing if there is one.

Whenever I attempt to create and execute an alias, Mudlet crashes. It is typically a multi-step alias of three or more commands. I'm not incredibly fluent in MUDs -- yet -- but from what I can tell, I am doing everything properly: The alias is not already a command in the game and I used a tutorial on Youtube to create them. I was playing the same game for a short while several years ago using Mudlet and I don't recall encountering this issue.

Also, I just downloaded the new 3.0 a few minutes ago to no avail.

Help?

Vadi

Re: Alias Crashing Client?

Post by Vadi »

Could you show a screenshot of the alias?

Also please note that 3.0 is alpha, preview of the 3.0 to come. It does have bugs in it.

Oneymus

Re: Alias Causing Crash?

Post by Oneymus »

You definitely need to be more specific. What is the alias? What's the input that causes it to crash?

Do you have other aliases with similar patterns? Is there anything special about this alias (does it call expandAlias)?

I would start by showing us the alias pattern and its code.

Oneymus

Re: Alias Crashing Client?

Post by Oneymus »

Merged these two because they're for the exact same problem.