[ SOLVED ] Mudlet built-in IRC client doesn't connect

pathris

[ SOLVED ] Mudlet built-in IRC client doesn't connect

Post by pathris »

All I see is blankness. No explanation. I use the built-in client like constantly and this saddens me greatly...

I'm on Windows 7, using Mudlet 2.1, I've uninstalled/installed a couple times, deleted .config, and even installed 2.0. Always the same result.

Last edited by pathris on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Re: Mudlet built-in IRC client doesn't connect

Post by phasma »

I've done a lot of work on the IRC support in Mudlet and I have never seen this happen. Ever. Would need more information before this can be debugged if possible.

Your screenshot also shows it connecting to #mudlet-help. This is an old, unsupported Mudlet version. It now connects to #mudlet.

pathris

Post by pathris »

It's mudlet 2.1, downloaded from sourceforge :-\

What more info do you need?

Is there something not being properly uninstalled?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Can you connect to the IRC channel using the web link? http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=mudlet

Also, was it working previously and then just stopped without warning, or is this a new PC/install of the OS?

pathris

Post by pathris »

It was working previously and then I moved. The only thing that has changed is my ISP. My first thought was my ISP must block IRC, but not so, I can connect with mIRC, IRCCloud, and the link you provided.

pathris

Post by pathris »

Tried on a different laptop, fresh Windows 7 install, fresh Mudlet 2.1 install... Same exact thing...

icesteruk

Post by icesteruk »

pathris wrote:Tried on a different laptop, fresh Windows 7 install, fresh Mudlet 2.1 install... Same exact thing...
Mines also trying to connect to #mudlet-help .. maybe its not changed in the mudlet download? im running 2.1 also

pathris

Post by pathris »

icesteruk wrote: Mines also trying to connect to #mudlet-help .. maybe its not changed in the mudlet download? im running 2.1 also
Are you able to connect? This problem has vexed me all weekend…

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

It's just 'saying' that it's connecting to #mudlet-help. It does actually connect to #mudlet. (This was changed in 2.0 iirc).

pathris

Post by pathris »

Poo.

Anyone have any thoughts on port 113? Trying to connect with CMUD I get "NO IDENT RESPONSE" and I've read that that has to do with port 113… just wondering if my new router is blocking it and if so, how do I fix it?