Areas not showing properly

imperian

Areas not showing properly

Post by imperian »

I've been using Mudlet successfully for a few months now, but I've run into some problems with the mudlet mapper functions. Particularly, Imperian released new underworld areas, but for most of these areas the only thing that mudlet shows in the mapper is a white screen. Curious, I looked into the xml file that mudlet downloads and confirms that both the area and the rooms were in the imperian xml.

I tracked the problem further and found that the "getAreaTable()" command correctly included the new areas (e.g. getAreaTable()["the Underworld Ithaqua"] returned 241). So I went to a room in the area (room 28160) and ran getRoomArea(28160). It correctly returned 241. The mudlet mapper script "rl 28160" also returned all the pertinent info, but the map was still all white. I then tried getAreaRooms(241), which strangely returned nil. I know at least room 28160 (and many more from the xml data) say they are in area 241, so there should be some return there. I tried getAreaRooms(153) as a sanity check, and it did indeed return a list of rooms in area 153. I also confirmed that area 153 (Storm Peaks) does display properly on the mapper window.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Re: Areas not showing properly

Post by phasma »

Seems odd. Did you try inspecting the map file and correlating how things look for the new area against some others? Maybe they just broke the map file or it became corrupted in some way. (Can try deleting it and forcing a redownload).

imperian

Re: Areas not showing properly

Post by imperian »

Yes, it appears to have gotten corrupt somewhere along the way. Removing the profile's "map", "map download" and "map.xml" files/folders (probably overkill) and restarting/redownloading mudlet appears to have fixed it.