Multiline trigger on Absence of something?

DarkArtist

Multiline trigger on Absence of something?

Post by DarkArtist »

So sometimes your target flees:
A female kobold panics, and attempts to flee.

and you don't see which way they went. But sometimes you do:
A female kobold panics, and attempts to flee.
A female kobold leaves west.

It's easy enuff to make a multiline for the second example that looks what direction she went and chases her down. But how can I say, if I didn't see which way she went then send("scan").

I was thinking that it would be a multiline trigger with the flee message and a blank carriage return within 2 lines? How would I indicate that in my trigger? Or would I have to base it off the line delta between the flee message and my prompt? If so, then I'd have two identical triggers that differed only in their line delta? Not sure that even makes sense.

Belgarath
Discord: macjabeth#7149

Re: Multiline trigger on Absence of something?

Post by Belgarath »

First Trigger:
Line 0: ^.+ panics, and attempts to flee\.$
Line 1: 1 (line spacer)
Line 2: ^.+ leaves (.+)\.$

Second Trigger
Line 0: ^.+ panics, and attempts to flee\.$
Line 1: 1 (line spacer)
Line 2: return not line:find("leaves") (lua function)

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

Can you scan for the kobold in both cases, whether you see where she goes or not?

If so, you wouldn't need two triggers.

DarkArtist

Post by DarkArtist »

Thanks much Mork. That was right on.

@Hogarius - In the case that I don't see where she goes I'm going to set up a one time trigger to scan and then go to the target, but it won't be perfect because there will be multiple female kobolds walking around. So sometimes I'll get the right one and sometimes not. So if I see where she went, I don't want to perform this action I just want to pursue her. Further down the road I'd even like to check to see if she's the injured one and if not, look for a different one.

Using Mork's example I also set up a third trigger that says if she flees west but then immediately re-enters the room I'm in (sometimes they travel multiple rooms), don't pursue or scan, but rather attack her again.