Map Behavior

kaeus

Map Behavior

Post by kaeus »

I've been having an issue with my mapper for loading any new map (deleting the map data and redownloading). What I get is essentially an unrenderable map, just a grey screen that causes a segfault in Mudlet when you click. Now I've tested loading a fresh map with/without my system, and as far as I can tell, there is something that I must be overriding that breaks the processing of a new map from the game (I play Aetolia).

Are there any variables or functions that I am overriding that could be breaking the processing of a new map?

Vadi

Re: Map Behavior

Post by Vadi »

There aren't any that you can adjust.

Can't test using the Aetolian map right now though myself.

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

I can send you a copy of my system and show you what I mean. If you load up a profile with no map and load my system, then load a map, you get a blank map. If you load up Aetolia without it, everything seems fine. I've tried isolating what does it, but I wasn't able to 100% pinpoint it yet.

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

Also worth noting, I'm not using the default mudlet mapping scripts, but my own. My scripts fully recognize the rooms, and I can still map around, it is just the display that gets screwed up.

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

Think I found the issue. I had a script that was saving my map as soon as my system loads, so the data that was being downloaded was not able to be added properly.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Glad you worked it out. How are you opening the map on that profile, and is opening the map before or after that savemap call?

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

The map is being created (in my UI) on the sysLoadEvent, but this particular function was being used to seed special exits, then save the changes to the map.

chris

Post by chris »

Can you post the snippet causing this behavior so we can catch this event and patch it?

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

I was literally doing saveMap() in a script that I didn't have attached to any events/functions that just attempted to add special exits. Took me a bit to track it down, but essentially as soon as my scripts loaded, it did a saveMap. The UI in my case is loaded on a sysLoadEvent, so the map window was only being drawn AFTER all the scripts had been executed.