Help with NULL gagging

Loem

Help with NULL gagging

Post by Loem »

I'm working at my own MUD using CoffeeMud, and any who use it with Mudlet knows of the issues it has. With a little help from Vadi I eliminated them, and made a gag trigger for the NULL (ping) lines. Works well enough. Unfortunately it doesn't stay that way. I make the trigger, save it, works for that session. Then when I close and reopen Mudlet, it forgets the pattern. So I basically have to open Mudlet, copy one of the 'empty' lines, paste it in, save it, then repeat the next time I restart. Any clue on how to make this stick?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Help with NULL gagging

Post by Heiko »

Next version will ignore 0 chars completely. You can try it using the git dev version.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Have you tried using "\0" as the trigger pattern, instead of a copy/paste?

Loem

Post by Loem »

I have no clue how to use git, but I'll definitely be looking forward to the next version of Mudlet then.

@Jor'Mox
I tried "\0", but it didn't work.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

Did you have it in quotes, or not? You wouldn't want quotes, if you used them. And, I'm assuming that it is the character with the byte value of 0, if it isn't, then obviously it wouldn't work either.

Loem

Post by Loem »

Jor'Mox wrote:Did you have it in quotes, or not? You wouldn't want quotes, if you used them. And, I'm assuming that it is the character with the byte value of 0, if it isn't, then obviously it wouldn't work either.
Nah, didn't use quotes. As for the character - it's a character that's blank in the Mudlet window, and in an exported XML of the trigger shows as "NUL".

I'll wait for the next version of Mudlet if I have to. This is just aggravating in the meantime. Thanks, by the way.