Mapper causing crash.

Kardal

Mapper causing crash.

Post by Kardal »

Like the subject suggests every use of my mapper makes mudlet crash and shut off. It has happened everytime I used a GOTO <#>. This is what I get to see after it crashes.

Mircosoft visual C++ Runtime library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information

After it has shut down and crashed I can always start it up again like nothing happened.

I have little understanding of what it all means, or how to fix this.
I use Mudlet 2.1, mapper version 13.9.2 (can't update further so assuming latest version), use a windows 7 Acer aspire 5750 (no idea if this is relevant)

Thanks for those taking the time to read this. And perhaps even fix it.

Vadi

Re: Mapper causing crash.

Post by Vadi »

Kardal

Post by Kardal »

Thank you for the help Vadi! Completely wiping the map in that way helped, and fixed it.

malaphus

Post by malaphus »

This doesn't work for me. It does temporarily solve the problem but it always just starts up again a day latter, or an hour later... which is the same thing it does if I just re-launch mudlet.

Basically, if I just go back into mudlet after the crash it will be working fine again (even from the same room) for a while, then will crash again later, or if I delete the map files according to the wiki page it will work fine for a while, then start crashing again as well.

Any other ideas?

chris

Post by chris »

There are bugs with the internal mapper structure that are fixed in the next release. It's likely one of those, which can crop up from deleting rooms.

Parom

Post by Parom »

http://i.imgur.com/6qrQUWp.png

This happens when I search for a room and click "Show Path" or click on the room number link to travel to it, try to travel to a room on the map with my mouse, or type "GOTO <anywhere>"

I've tried fixes to this that involve uninstalling the package, redownloading the packages, deleting the map and map downloads folder for the profile I use, and then installing the newest mapper version, grabbing the crowd map (It's for Achaea). It still happens.

Doing that process did make the rooms show up in the right area again, but it still crashes. I know this process has helped others, but maybe someone has some ideas as to why it's not for me?

Parom

Post by Parom »

I still get the error
Mircosoft visual C++ Runtime library
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information

after I clear the map and reinstall, redownload, and pull up the crowdmap. Any ideas? Happens when I goto, click show path, or click on the room number after searching for a room

chris

Post by chris »

It's a problem that will only be fixed when 3.0 is released, or if you fetch and build from source.