I see "Save Item" and "Save Profile" in OS X... so I'm guessing not :P

Vadi

Re: System OS went into "Low Graphics" mode

Post by Vadi »

Tooltips on them.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

yes, if I hover over the button a small yellowish square popups that says.... "Save Item" and "Save Profile"... closest thing to a tooltip I saw on OSX...

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Well, if you are not happy with how it works, do what the rest of us do: Change it! The source code is there!

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

fetaera wrote:Well, if you are not happy with how it works, do what the rest of us do: Change it! The source code is there!
if it were within my ability I would gladly help -- however it is outside my scope of programming languages and I do not have the time to devote outside of work to learn another at the moment.

So I help out on IRC when I can and bring things up that look obviously wrong, or cause problems due to obscure functionality... I accept that not all of these problems may get fixed, but that should not prevent anyone from discussing them fully and until any ambiguities related to those problems are resolved (be it via an explanation or a bug fix)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Using an auto save timer has 2 problems: 1. aggravated profile size problem 2. non-transparent profile load issues in case of a "bad" auto-save e.g. an endless loop in code that gets executed on profile load. While experienced users can use the profile roll back feature to get back to a good profile snapshot, most newbie users would be lost.
I can't see an easy solution but I'm open for discussion.

phasma

Post by phasma »

How about we just add a Lua function to facilitate this and provide a small client function (would not be included in the download, but available from the wiki)?

phasma

Post by phasma »

At least this way, the work on the source would be very minimal and it's down to the user whether they use such a feature.

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

So, basically just make a lua function that performs the same function that the "Save Profile" button does? Yeah, that could be potentially useful, and it shouldn't be overly involved.

ktiedt

Post by ktiedt »

Heiko wrote:Using an auto save timer has 2 problems: 1. aggravated profile size problem 2. non-transparent profile load issues in case of a "bad" auto-save e.g. an endless loop in code that gets executed on profile load. While experienced users can use the profile roll back feature to get back to a good profile snapshot, most newbie users would be lost.
I can't see an easy solution but I'm open for discussion.
provide an option to disable backups?

1) I didnt even know they existed
2) never needed them
3) backups are handled by my laptop already...
4) I dont even see a "backup/restore" option anywhere in the editor menus or otherwise, if its such an important feature why is it so impossible to find?