copyover kicks me off game

Patriot

copyover kicks me off game

Post by Patriot »

Good Morning,

I love MUDlet client. However, something I notice that is minor but maybe not reported yet as I don't find it in search of the forums...

Everytime I copyover or hotboot the client kicks me off. I know this is a client issue, because does not happen unless using mudlet. Anyone else have this problem and if so, what did u do to correct? I am using Mudlet 2.0 that I got a copy of with Ubuntu software center.

Patriot

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Re: copyover kicks me off game

Post by phasma »

Yeah. I've had this issue but never got to the bottom of it. It seems fair to assume that Mudlet is detecting the link is no longer 'active' as such, and acts in this manner. This is a ROM, I suspect? While, yes, it may be the case that the issue is only present when you use Mudlet, most other drivers do not cause this issue. Certainly this does not happen with Rapture and a lot of custom bases.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Could you confirm this does happen with the latest Mudlet from our PPA?

Patriot

Post by Patriot »

It is smaug1.4a that it happens on. I'll try to confirm from latest for you vadi.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Thanks - could you also include the exact game connection into and a way to make the copyover happen, so if it is broken - when we fix it, we have a way to test that we've fixed it.

chris

Post by chris »

Copyover is usually an admin type command that basically recompiles the mud so code changes take effect.

phasma
Discord: phasma#4694

Post by phasma »

Yeah. What should happen in an ideal sitaution is that you call the copyover and it does the work without disconnecting any users.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Do you close the zip stream properly? What happens if you disable MCCP (-> preferences). Otherwise we need to make a date in order to see what's going on. Send me an email (-> client about dialog for my email address).

Patriot

Post by Patriot »

I think you maybe right Heiko, it probably is a MCCP issue. I'll try disabling it and seeing if that is the problem.

Tijer

Post by Tijer »

Im having issues with copyover and mccp on my mud. KaVir suggested i come here after posting a thread on TMC.

My MUD only supports MCCP2.

On copyover before i removed mccp1 support it would lock the connection (only in mudlet) since removing MCCP1, now on copyover on mudlet its sending the ascii garble of the compression.

This is using Mudlet2.1 on windows... I have tried numerous things to my code to stop this with no luck, disabling compression in the client fixes the issue..

This is only occuring in Mudlet, all other clients that support mccp have no issues at al.