Crash while Startup on Win7

Zaphob

Crash while Startup on Win7

Post by Zaphob »

Hi all!
So I recently started using Win7. When I start mudlet.exe, the window appears, then turns somewhat grey and a new window informed me, mudlet.exe has stopped working. This is Win7 letting me know, it crashed. Funny thing, the first start it was working still. Now I have even installed it anew, but have the same behavior. What else can I try? Thanks!

Vadi

Re: Crash while Startup on Win7

Post by Vadi »

So Mudlet is crashing before you even get to pick a profile? Or if you have profile autoload on, it starts loading one and then crashes?

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

Yes, when I was still able to start Mudlet, I edited the "default host" and switched on "connect on startup", so maybe this is causing the problems now.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes perhaps. Try going to your users home folder, .config/mudlet/profiles/<profile in question> and deleting the autologin file.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

Yes, that helped with the automatic crash. Now when I try to connect there manually, Mudlet still crashes. Do you want to fix this or should I just delete and go on with a new profile?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Mail the problematic profile to vadim.peretokin@<this client>.org and load an older version of the profile that works to continue.

Zaphob

Post by Zaphob »

OK I zipped the whole profile folder and sent it to you for your review. Hope it helps! For me, I created a new profile, and everything works fine again. Strange!

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

default_host isn't an actual profile per-se - and you aren't supposed to be able to load it. I'm guessing you were loading it before you connected to any profile - that's possible and should be disabled.

(even better if it is hidden).