[Mac OSX 10.8.4] Profiles not saving

macman24

[Mac OSX 10.8.4] Profiles not saving

Post by macman24 »

Hello, I am having trouble getting profiles to save on my Macbook. I get this error message every time:
Is there anyway to solve this problem?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: [Mac OSX 10.8.4] Profiles not saving

Post by Heiko »

Very odd. Make sure that the path exists and that the directory is writable (file permissions).

macman24

Post by macman24 »

I can't create the folder '.config' because I can't create a folder with the '.' character. It says those folders are reserved for the system.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Have you tried this using a UNIX terminal? Can other 10.8.4 users confirm this?

Jor'Mox

Post by Jor'Mox »

I'm using 10.8.4, and I haven't had any problems, but I'm running as an administrator, so it is possible that I had additional permissions that a non-administrator account might not have, that allowed the folders/files to be properly created automatically by Mudlet.

However, if you need to create the directory manually, you can do this:

Open the Terminal program.
(This should put you in your user folder, which is where the .config folder needs to be.)
Type: ls -a
(This lets you see all the hidden folders, including .config if it exists. Check the folders listed, and if you see .config then skip the next step.)
Type: mkdir .config
(This creates a new folder called .config.)
Type: cd .config
(This opens the .config folder.)
Type: ls
(This lists everything in .config. If you just created it, there will be nothing, if it already existed, there will be a couple folders. If there is a mudlet folder, keep going, otherwise, restart Mudlet to see if it is now able to save your profile. If after restarting Mudlet and attempting to save, you still see the error, continue below)

If there is no mudlet folder, type: mkdir mudlet
Type: cd mudlet
If there is no profiles folder, type: mkdir profiles
Type: cd profiles
If there is no folder by the name of the profile you assigned to your MUD, which seems to be "dl" from your error message, type: mkdir dl
Type: cd dl
If there is no current folder, type: mkdir current
Type: chmod ugo=rwx current
(This grants anyone full access to this folder, just in case permissions were causing a problem.)

That should create or verify the existence of all the folders necessary, and fix permissions of the final directory that Mudlet is trying to create files in. If it wasn't fixed before, restart Mudlet and see if it is working now.

faarisuman

Post by faarisuman »

Hi. Have you installed any new software recently? Are you trying to connect from work, or something? Sounds more likely to be a network/firewall issue. There's certainly no real reason Mudlet would act in this manner.
We offer guaranteed success for Testking 642-999 exam with help of latest ccna voip and ccnp switch lab manual practice questions and the exams of www.bu.edu