Buffer Setting?

Keiku

Buffer Setting?

Post by Keiku »

Hi all, I remember in the older version of mudlet there was a buffer limit you could input. The default was something like 100k lines at a batch deletion of 10k, but with 2.1 I cannot find that setting again. Am I thinking of another client? Looked throughout the whole settings window and could not find the option to edit it :(

Vadi

Re: Buffer Setting?

Post by Vadi »

It's still the and still the same, but it has never been a UI option. Instead, make a new script and add this function to it with the desired setting.

Keiku

Post by Keiku »

Hey thanks Vadi, worked great

gesslar

Post by gesslar »

Follow-up questions...

Is this setting, achieved by script, only for one profile? Or all profiles? And is this setting persistent across sessions or only valid for the current session?

Could this information be updated in the wiki article mentioned above?

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Scripts apply only to the current profile in general, and if it's in a script as described above it will be run each time the profile is loaded up. That's how scripts in general work, I don't know that adding it to the API docs would be appropriate but I'll see if maybe I can spot a good place to call it out in the manual.

I believe anywhere it effects more than one profile it is noted, but these are just the global events and setAppStyleSheet function that I can think of.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Actually that setting applies individually to each "console" (window) or buffer. Congratulation also to you gesslar for reviving a topic that has been dead necro-ed for ten years! :grin: