resetProfile and Registered Event Handlers

kaeus

resetProfile and Registered Event Handlers

Post by kaeus »

I noticed when using resetProfile, that while it does reset everything, it seems to not apply the registered event handlers again. As a LOT of my setup uses event handlers to capture all the GMCP data, this still requires that I reset Mudlet or go through each of those scripts to re-register the event handlers.

I'd also really love a way to access the directory that a module from the Module Manager is installed to. I'm essentially trying to make a 1 click link to update a module (download the module to override the XML and then run resetProfile) so that people can update my system by just clicking a notification in-game.

chris

Re: resetProfile and Registered Event Handlers

Post by chris »

This will be in the next release. Ironically, that's the exact reason I added the function as well (as well as https support so you can point the script @ github)

kaeus

Post by kaeus »

This will be super awesome. Is the feature to access the path to a specific module going to be available as well in the next release?

chris

Post by chris »

Yeah, getModulePath(modulename) I think was the syntax I used. There's also a getModules() which returns all your modules installed