Gauges

Jarrin

Gauges

Post by Jarrin »

I'm trying to get a gauge to work using the Vyzor framework. I can't get it to display the gauge at all. Can someone take a look below and see what I'm missing? I tried to build this based around the gauges in Akayan's various UIs, but I'm messing something up.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua

function Gauges()
-- Set Values for Stats
health = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.hp)
mana = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.mp)
endo = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.ep)
will = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.wp)

maxhealth = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxhp)
maxmana = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxmp)
maxendo = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxep)
maxwill = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxwp)

tnl = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.nl)

---Gauges

HealthFrameBack = Vyzor.Frame( "HealthFrameBack", 0, .01, .4, .49 )
HealthFrameFront = Vyzor.Frame( "HealthFrameFront" )

HealthColorFront = Vyzor.Background( Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Image( imagePath .. "healthfill.png" ) ) )
HealthColorBack = Vyzor.Border( 5, Vyzor.BorderStyle.Solid, Vyzor.Brush( Vyzor.Image( imagePath .. "DFCHealth.png" ) ) )
HealthFrameBack:Add( HealthColorBack )
HealthFrameFront:Add( HealthColorFront )

health = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.hp)
maxhealth = tonumber(gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxhp)

HealthGauge = Vyzor.Gauge( "HealthGauge", "health", "maxhealth", HealthFrameBack, HealthFrameFront, BottomTop )

Vyzor.Right:Add( HealthGauge )
Vyzor.HUD:Draw()

echo("Vitals Updated")

end

Edits to fix changed code

Akaya

Re: Gauges

Post by Akaya »

Here's a few things I've noticed that might help fix the problem:

To have the DFCHealth.png image appear, you'll want to define the imagePath variable. Adding this to the beginning of your script will do so:
imagePath = getMudletHomeDir():gsub("\\","/")
Then make sure your image is in your profile folder. You can see the directory of this folder by entering lua getMudletHomeDir() from the command line.

The gaugefill enum in your Vyzor.Gauge isn't proper. The Vyzor documentation actually leaves the explanation out. Try this out instead:
HealthGauge = Vyzor.Gauge( "HealthGauge", "health", "maxhealth", HealthFrameBack, HealthFrameFront, Vyzor.GaugeFill.BottomTop )
The snippet you provided is a function, so you'll need to run it for it all to work. Try adding Gauges() to the end of the script or run it from the command line via lua Gauges()

And though this shouldn't contribute to your problem, there is no need to declare your health and maxhealth variables twice.

Hope this helps you out!

Jarrin

Re: Gauges

Post by Jarrin »

Thanks a ton for the help Akaya! Everything is working properly now.