Having mapper issues

Aquifn

Having mapper issues

Post by Aquifn »

Hey guys,
I'm trying to help someone set up mudlet and use the mapper in Lusternia. She's on a mac, but as far as I can tell/have spoken to people that shouldn't matter. I've been over it for days, it should be working and I"m not sure why it isn't. Downloaded it tons, forced map updates, all that jazz. She has the correct version of the map. All of her map commands work fine. Its the actual visual map that presents a problem. Most of the time, it is simply black with the room info in the upper left corner. Sometimes, its completely white with no info. Other times, it looks like the following

That's a comparison of us standing in the exact same room. Its only showing the entrance to the Ethereal plane, not even the one she's in. And, it only shows a tiny number of the rooms instead of a good amount like mine does.

I've tried a lot, like I said. And all the commands you can give the mapper work fine. Its just the visual aspect not u pdating or showing proper information. Or showing anything most of the time.

Thanks

kevutian

Re: Having mapper issues

Post by kevutian »

First off, close Mudlet. Secondly, head into the Mudlet profile directory and delete everything with the word map in the filename, (The folder, too).

Restart Mudlet and download the map. It'll be fine here. This has been fixed already and will be available in the next release.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

kevutian wrote:This has been fixed already and will be available in the next release.
What are you talking about? What has been fixed?

@all
1. Which Mac, which version of OSX?
2. Does this happen on *new*, empty profile without any installed script/packages/modules whatsoever?

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

It's still doing it, Heiko.

I was not aware the fix was in the release, but regardless, it's still doing this on the latest git. (Confirmed yesterday).

There's a post 'somewhere' that said this was fixed. I was certain it was your post :p

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3373

That's where I was referencing. Seems I was mistaken.

Apologies there.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

Here we go: https://bugs.launchpad.net/mudlet/+bug/1168987

Was assuming these bugs were related.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Those 2 pastebin links in your bug report don't point to any sensible information. Never use pastebin etc. for bug reports.
I have no clue what you're talking about in all 3 postings. Need more info.

Aquifn

Post by Aquifn »

Random secondary side question. In lusternia, is there any way to make the mapper use the beastmastery (mounted) fording skill? I can't seem to find one.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

There isn't an option at the moment.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The original issue has been solved according to the user in question.