Ubuntu 13.04 update, missing files...?

Sanaki

Ubuntu 13.04 update, missing files...?

Post by Sanaki »

I just updated Ubuntu from 12.04 > 12.10 > 13.04, updating Mudlet via ppa in the scheme of things. Now when I start it, I'm getting this:

[ OK ] - Lua module rex_pcre loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module zip loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module lfs loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module sqlite3 loaded
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory

Alongside that, as would be expected, a variety of things aren't functioning. Looking around, I did find LuaGlobal.lua in /usr/share/games/mudlet/lua, which is where I'd expect it to be generally. Any ideas or quick fixes? Would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Noticed on the wiki the line "sed -i 's#QString path = \"mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua\";#QString path = \"/usr/local/share/mudlet/LuaGlobal.lua\";#' TLuaInterpreter.cpp", which seems to explain the step that wasn't taken, but not the why or the how to fix it. Again, this was from ppa, not from source.

Vadi

Re: Ubuntu 13.04 update, missing files...?

Post by Vadi »

Yes, known problem - I'll have to re-build the PPA version to have it fixed. Install from official Ubunu sources for now.

Ginga Giri Giri

Post by Ginga Giri Giri »

Hi there! I'm actually having the same issue. I've been using Mudlet happily on 13.04 for a while, until recently when I installed WINE from the Software Center. After I restarted my laptop I've been having tons of issues with Mudlet, and I'm getting the same message:

Code: Select all

[  OK  ]  -  Lua module rex_pcre loaded
[  OK  ]  -  Lua module zip loaded
[  OK  ]  -  Lua module lfs loaded
[  OK  ]  -  Lua module sqlite3 loaded
[ ERROR ]  -  LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-
lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua: No such file or directory
Unfortunately, uninstalling and reinstalling it from Ubuntu's Software Center (that's what you mean by official source, right?) didn't do a thing.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yes, but you have the Mudlet PPA added as well, which "upgraded" your Mudlet (when you installed wine, probably) and err, broke it. I'll be handling this today.

Link

Post by Link »

That's weird. I am running Ubuntu 13.04 fully updated as well and I have no such errors.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Okay, within the next half hour the PPA should have an update with LuaGlobal loading fixed in 13.04.

@Link: I think that's because you didn't add the Mudlet PPA.

Ginga Giri Giri

Post by Ginga Giri Giri »

Thank you, Based Vadi