Area rooms generation problem.

kevutian

Area rooms generation problem.

Post by kevutian »

Small problem here and whilst I have a few ideas on how to resolve this, I'd like to request some feedback from others, if I may.

Basically, I have a set of scripts that generates a table of rooms and exits for any given area. I am using this 'genrunner' alongside my grinding automation scripts to make for a seamless grinding experience for the end user.

Here's the problem: In certain areas, there are rooms that are inaccessible to a player, but further, there are rooms beyond that I need to take into account. Right now, the scripts will attempt to enter this area and upon failure will just spam the attempted direction.

My first idea was to simply hold a blacklist of rooms and either not populate my table or remove them after generation is complete. This leaves a problem, however. How does one determine any rooms that are beyond the 'locked' one are also inaccessible?

Am toying around with a few ideas, but for those who have written their own mapping/genrun scripts, what would you think is the best way to accomplish the end goal here?

Thanks in advance...

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Area rooms generation problem.

Post by Heiko »

You can use custom user data to store just about any room specific information on a per room level in dictionary format e.g. key=accessible value=false

kevutian

Re: Area rooms generation problem.

Post by kevutian »

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks, Heiko.