Logging into a game server

hogarius

Logging into a game server

Post by hogarius »

I play Simutronics' Modus Operandi. To play, one logs into an authorization server, processes some information and obtains a login key, logs into the game server, sends the login key to the game server and enters the game.

When I do this in Mudlet, the game server does not accept the key and disconnects me.

When I generate the key in Mudlet, and use MUSHclient to connect to the game server, the game server accepts the key and I can proceed to play the game in MUSHclient.

I am also able to generate the key in MUSHclient and use that key to play in MUSHclient. But I can't generate the key in MUSHclient and use that key to play in Mudlet.

Does Mudlet send some additional information or try to perform some type of negotiation when it connects to a server? Can this be disabled?

hogarius

Re: Logging into a game server

Post by hogarius »

I should note that I'm using Mudlet 2.1 on a Windows 7 machine.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Search the forum. There's a ready made package to play these games somewhere. If you need more information ask.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

The links to the Simutronics, GemStone and DragonRealms scripts in the forum posts are no longer active. I've tried sending private messages to the people who posted those forum messages, with no response.

I'm using two profiles for the authentication server and the game server. My authentication server scripts generates the key and copies it to the Windows clipboard. I then open the game server profile, paste the key into the command line and send it. Could this be the problem somehow? If so, is there a way to use a single profile to disconnect from one server and connect to another server?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You can use the sysConnectionEvent to connect to the second server with connectToServer( url, port ).

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

connectToServer() will allow all services? I thought that function was restricted to just IRC connections, heh.

hogarius

Post by hogarius »

If I specify a second server with connectToServer(), how do I send data to that server?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This function changes the current profile connection from server A to server B. You continue to send data with send() etc.. In case you need it check out the unfiltered send function -> Mudlet API documentation. The whole thing isn't difficult.

@ phasma:
IRC has nothing to do with this.

kevutian

Post by kevutian »

You use connectToServer for establishing an IRC connection, though. My point was that I am familiar with the function having added a bunch of IRC stuff, but was not aware you used the same function elsewhere :)

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

phasma wrote:You use connectToServer for establishing an IRC connection, though.
No, I certainly don't! This function has no affinity whatsoever with IRC.
int TLuaInterpreter::connectToServer( lua_State *L ) != void Session::connectToServer(const QString& hostName, quint16 port)