Few questions...

Kazirus

Few questions...

Post by Kazirus »

Hello all, I'm just starting out on Mudlet, and I have a few questions...

1) How do I make it so that between each chunk of text displayed, there would be some space in between? In order to illustrate this clearer, I will include this link - http://pastebin.com/RpWQCXDz , the way I would like it to be would be how its shown on zMUD...

2) There are very limited fonts to choose from under settings-->main display for some reason. Also, I've tried toggling with bold, italics and anti-liasing, but I can't make the same font look the same as it does in zMUD...how do I go around fixing this?

3) This question has to do with the Omnipave 3.0 system for Mudlet on Achaea. For some reason, the system works but some triggers do not work. For instance, originally the system would prompt my character to stand automatically if I were sitting down but trying to move to another room. But now, it does not do that any longer. The other components of the system are doing well and the system isn't paused neither is the emergency trigger stop button in Mudlet activated. I have tried removing and re-introducing the system but it does not remedy the problem. Any takers here?

Thanks in advance!!!

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: Few questions...

Post by Heiko »

1 + 2: preferences->Main Display: uncheck the options use anti alias & fix unnecessary linebreaks
To get more fonts, install more mono spaced fonts on your system

3: no idea, I don't play this game

Kazirus

Post by Kazirus »

Ah cool, thanks for answering!

However, for 1), I've already checked the box to fix unnecessary linebreaks, but it doesn't help solve the problem that I'm having. From what you can see in the pastebin link, there are no spaces at all between lines in Mudlet. However in zMUD, it does. For 2), thanks for answering the former part. For the latter, I've already tried toggling anti-alias on and off and changing sizes, but it does not look like the font that I use in zMUD. I am using the exact same font by the way.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

OK, now I see what you're after. You want an empty line after the prompt?
create trigger: linebreak after prompt
pattern type Lua function: return isPrompt()
script:echo("\n\n")

Kazirus

Post by Kazirus »

Hey thanks! It worked! Is there any solution for the font not looking the same as it did in zMUD though?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Try toggling anti-aliasing? Otherwise it's pretty hard to recommend you something, not having used zmud.

Kazirus

Post by Kazirus »

I've tried toggling anti-aliasing on and off several times already, but it still doesn't look the same even though I'm using the same font for both clients...

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

I'm sure you've tried, but restarting mudlet after you've saved the preference?

Kazirus

Post by Kazirus »

Hey thanks man! Now it works, but yet another problem has arose...some text are overlapping each other and the map alignment is kinda messed up. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!
Problem
Problem

Delrayne

Post by Delrayne »

I just threw that out there as a hail Mary really. I don't even know where to begin when it comes to the over lapping texts. Guess, Hieko or Vadi will have to take a look.