A User Window Questin

Rilian

A User Window Questin

Post by Rilian »

I use a user window to display on my comms in. This work great, but I notice that I have 3 or 4 empty lines at the bottom of the user screen and never gets used. Is there away to be able to use these lines?

Caled

Re: A User Window Questin

Post by Caled »

Consider using a miniconsole instead. They are all I use, in fact. I'll post a screenshot of the little window I use to display the contents of "info here" (which lists mobiles and objects in the room).

I gave it a grey background for the purpose of the screenshot, but normally it has a completely black one so that I cannot see its boundaries, that just being my preference.

The code for it is simple enough to copy:

The first is in a script object that I simply call 'Tools' and has a bunch of stuff in it that is useful for other scripts. The second creates the miniconsole itself. To move it around your screen, change the
roomwinx=WindowWidth-770
roomwiny=WindowHeight-500
bolded numbers and it will move.

For the rest of it, so far as I know it will behave just like a user window, except that it is sort of embedded into your main window. I find them a bit easier to work with, but if you need to drag it around your screen with the mouse regularly, then I guess it is no good.

Code: Select all

-- determine the size of your screen
WindowWidth=0;
WindowHeight=0;
WindowWidth, WindowHeight = getMainWindowSize();

Code: Select all

roomwinx=WindowWidth-770
roomwiny=WindowHeight-500

createMiniConsole("roomwin",1250,500,200,100);
moveWindow("roomwin",roomwinx,roomwiny)
resizeWindow("roomwin",300,300)
setBackgroundColor("roomwin",20,20,20,0)
setMiniConsoleFontSize("roomwin", 9)
Attachments
mudlet-1.png