Many things (mac related)

Inaryn

Many things (mac related)

Post by Inaryn »

Mac OSX 10.7.5 (lion) Mudlet 2.0 August 20 2012, monitor res 2560x1440

quibble: As a user with a higher res monitor, I was wondering if there was a way to set up the default font size so it automatically starts up a new profile in a readable size. The 11pt that is prepackaged is just too small on my 2560x1440 screen. On the same thought, many of the other font sizes are so tiny as to be almost unreadable. The 'info' blurbs, the date drop down menu when opening a profile. Perhaps create a default set up for highres that can be selected along with the netbook settings.

bug: I'm having difficulty accessing the preferences panel, much of the time it appears greyed out, and using command , will not work either. I have narrowed it down somewhat, it allows me to open it if it is the first thing I do on selecting a profile. Once I have gone to open up any other windows such as the ire link or the toolbox, the preferences are nolonger available and I have to open up a second profile as a tab in order to access them again. btw the text at the top of the tabs is absolutely unreadable squiggle, needs a font size boost for highres too.

question: is there supposed to be a toolbar available in the mudlet window on mac? I'm not sure if the mac version is supposed to have the same appearance, I have a pretty basic no frills version and am wondering if I am missing something.

bug: had major issues with saving a profile, when I closed it would ask if I wanted to save and I would click yes, but on opening up again it was back to default with default mud script package. After an hour or so in the mudlet irc it appears the issue was fixed, but not without some fishing around for a solution and altering of things via terminal

question: word breaks in the input box, is there any way to prevent it breaking words? I do alot of creative stuff with describing things and RP emotes. it's difficult to give it all a final look over when the input is cutting words like to in half

Inaryn

Re: Many things (mac related)

Post by Inaryn »

I have a work around for the preferences problem, if your prefs is constantly coming up greyed out and unclickable.

The font size etc can be adjusted via the xml file. first, quit mudlet.

Go into the home folder on your HD (the one with the cute lil house icon) there will be a folder alias named Mudlet-data. open this and then open the PROFILES folder. Select the profile you wish to edit and then the CURRENT folder. Select the most recent date available there. If your mac is like mine just clicking it might open up big bang games, so click it once to highlight, then go to the toolbar at the top of the page, under FILE you will see OPEN WITH select text edit and you'll get a page full of code. about thirty lines down you'll find a line that looks like this,

<mDisplayFont>Bitstream Vera Sans Mono,14,-1,5,2,0,0,0,1,0</mDisplayFont>

the 14 there is the font size, I think 10 was the default but I prefer it larger for the high res. there are some other things you can alter within that to set up your prefs, it's fairly self explanatory by the tags.

safe the file and then re open mudlet to check your settings are now as you wanted.