Rebound check

Eidolon

Rebound check

Post by Eidolon »

currently have a character that plays a class that requires razing aura of rebound off a character in order for his weapon to strike on the next attempt. Now, what I have seems to work..but only sometimes. So I'd need to know how this can be corrected..or what I'm doing wrong. Here's an example:
Monk rebound.xml.xml
(4.01 KiB) Downloaded 360 times
Also, there's an alias for example:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
monk_rebound = false
if monk_rebound == true then
send("kata perform " .. target .. " oraze")
else
send("kata perform " .. target .. " open")
end
Again time after time it works sometimes, and other times it doesn't, where it will keep using the form "oraze" regardless of whether their aura of rebound was removed or not.

If this also helps, my targetting alias is set like this:
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
target = string.title(matches[2])
send("enemy " .. target)
verbose("TARGET " .. target)

Delrayne

Re: Rebound check

Post by Delrayne »

For your triggers that set monk_rebound to true or false, make sure they they are checked against your current target. That way it will only change when your target loses or gains rebounding. Also, add in the line you get when you 'oraze' someone without rebounding to set monk_rebound to false.

Eidolon

Post by Eidolon »

I'm trying another class lately which again has an ability to strip shielding. This one looks simpler, but I'm a bit confused as to why the command would constantly attempt to strip shielding when there isn't one to strip AFTER the triggered line caused to do so, like an infinite loop thereon.

For the variable I believe, I've this:

Shield = true
Shield = false

For the triggers I collected for when a shield is up or down is in this attachment below

Now the attack alias is like this:
if Shield == false then
send("educe iron " .. target)
elseif Shield == true then
send("educe copper " .. target)
end

What would be missing or I'm doing wrong?
Attachments
Alchemist Rebound.xml.xml
Rebound trig
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

Akaya

Post by Akaya »

It should indeed work if your variable is Shield. But in your attached trigger, you have two different variables, neither of which are Shield.