How can I the ascii code of the "change character" character

Filion

How can I the ascii code of the "change character" character

Post by Filion »

In the mud i play, the timer is run by the sympols -+=*. While on telnet, the symbols are being "changed".
What is the problem, mudlet doesn't "recognise" that symbol, and therefor sends the NULL value, which appears as a box. Is there any way to have it changed?

tsuujin

Re: How can I the ascii code of the "change character" chara

Post by tsuujin »

You've given us a very small amount of information, and need to expand your question to be more useful.

What MUD do you play?
What timer are you talking about?
How are the symbols being changed?
How are the symbols being displayed, and what is their purpose?

Please provide a screenshot depicting an example of the issue if you can.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

You can use trigger regex patterns to trigger on any raw ASCII code and then write a script to do the necessary actions e.g. delete the unwanted character in the display etc..

Filion

Post by Filion »

a)I am playing WOTMUD.
b)the timer that i speak of is an action timer(like you are running a bash), and it consist of pulses. Those pulses are represented by the -+=* sympols. e.g if a small timer is 3 pulses -+= will appear before action is taken. if a timer is bigger like 8 pulses -+=**=+- will appear and so on.
c) i don't know how the symbols are changed, as suspect it is a characater that deletes the previous symbol or something like that. So i don't know if it has an ascii representation or if it does have one, which one it is.

Mud is down for the moment, when i manage to connect i ll upload a screenshot

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

I suspect what it probably does is deletes those characters and re-sends them. So you'd want to regex-match the telnet delete code, select previous char, replace it with "". Just a wild guess based on what you've mentioned so far.

Filion

Post by Filion »

how i am supposed to catch that telnet delete code? and why mudlet sees it a NULL character? is it in order to handle unknown characters?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Mudlet does not support VT100 server side cursor control as it doesn't make any sense whatsoever in a MUD client context. However, if your purpose is to get rid of the box character (or ? on some OSs) you can setup a trigger for a NULL character, select it and remove it (-> my earlier post). The box symbol is being used to display any character that cannot be displayed because it has no screen render representation (control chars etc.). While the box will be displayed on the screen, the buffer still holds the correct character value -> don't trigger for the box character but for the NULL char instead.