labels and CSS

Caled

labels and CSS

Post by Caled »

I feel like I have recently asked this somewhere already, but I don't recall the answer and can't find where I asked it.

I'm wondering whether a label defined in script (not attached to an action bar) can be described with css?

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: labels and CSS

Post by Heiko »

Label text formatting is done via html code i. e. color, font, font size, centered text etc.. I can add a setStyleSheet( css ) function. This is no big deal.

Caled

Post by Caled »

That would be pretty cool. I'm looking into the possibility of making my gauges, which are essentially the same as the ones you posted in your demo package, look prettier. I figure that perhaps rather than resizing one button over the top of another one, I could adjust the css properties (gradient between red/green perhaps) and have a fairly zany looking gauge.

If that doesn't work, then I'll continue with the resizing technique, but at least they'll look more than just rectangles of green and red.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I'd rather create a terrifically looking gauge in gimp or photoshop, add a transparent background and then display this picture with the label. Any kind of programmatic grafix programming is baby toys compared to the power of gimp or inkscape.

Caled

Post by Caled »

I was thinking green going to red, with a blurred-black diagonal divider that swings across the gauge, but eh. Either way, I guess.