Need help with language fix for Avalon

iskra

Need help with language fix for Avalon

Post by iskra »

I can connect to avalon on mudlet, but it is in a language not english (don't know what language). I don't have this language problem with any other mud game I have played using this client. Also, I use the client on the site and it is in english. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Vankara

Re: Need help with language fix for Avalon

Post by Vankara »

I'm not sure which mud with the name Avalon you're trying to play(A google search turned up a few for me), but the website for the one that mudlet connects to is not in english. It's avalon.mud.de and is in German.

If you go to connect, then just click once on the profile for it, it brings up the server address, website, port, and all, and that .de, rather than a .org or .com, signifies the site is, at least to the best of my knowledge, hosted in Germany.

iskra

Post by iskra »

Okay thank you for the help. It does make since. I was just wondering since it is in english for the client they host on site. Guess I wont be playing that. lol

aryianna

Post by aryianna »

I came across this when I had the same problem. The linked Avalon is not Avalon: The Legend Lives. you have to make a new profile and use avalon-rpg.com port 23. Hope this helps anyone else after the fact. I know this is an old posting.