kevutian

Re: Mapping

Post by kevutian »

Server: 0.0.0.0
Port : 1337

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Hi, Can you give me a little more, I managed to nearly delete my 3 year old profile trying to sort this out. It scared the be-Jesus out of me.

chris

Post by chris »

Export the trigs/etc you want via the package exporter. Then just copy the map you want from your profile/map directory.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You can't put a map into it, but you can save the map separately - see the mapper tab - and then people can import it.

Silvine

Re: Mapping - Bedlam GMCP

Post by Silvine »

Ok, I think here it is then, a very simple cobbled together script. If your mud sends a room ID then you should be able to make this work. That's pretty much the only thing it relies on. It hasn't been tidied up in any way, when a bit of it worked as I wanted I moved on. Big thanks to Heiko for getting me started when all I had was a blank screen.
This whole thread was me learning to map from square one, so if you are learning maybe some of the problems I've had might help you.
The script

It loads up as read only, to modify it use the alias mupdatemap and again to stop modifying. Don't run speedies when updating or you will ruin your map as the mud and the client get out of sync.
The map, well I would post it (that was the whole point) but The extension dat is not allowed. :( If anyone knows how I can upload it let me know.
The map isn't the whole world, but it's about 95% of it. I can't find the missing bits to fill in the blanks...

EDIT: demonnic's post made me think and then I stumbled across this
wiki.mudlet.org/w/Mudlet_Packages
and so I created a little package. I've tested it on a fresh build from Bedlam and it seems to work fine. :)
Attachments
mapperSilv.mpackage
(404.8 KiB) Downloaded 608 times
Last edited by Silvine on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

You might want to make a separate thread for it now, like other mapper scripts do!

demonnic

Post by demonnic »

Also, it'll allow .zip, so you can zip the .dat file up. Or host it on some third party site (ge.tt works well iirc) and share the link from there.

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Yip, got it sorted thanks :) See the post above

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

I've a question, so I have some rooms mapped, but I can't see them (see below). If I centerview room ID the map moves to where the room should be, but the room doesn't display. I can't highlight the room, but it does exist.
So question, what properties does a room need to display?
I thought it was coordinates and an area? My rooms have both?
The rooms aren't traversed by moving, its a mob prog that moves me, could that be it? room exits perhaps? I mapped this bit the other day and it seemed ok at the time, but this area went funny on me, I thought I had lost the zone but when I went back to remap it, it was still there, but the special exits, and moving the rooms about etc I had made on the original map were gone. Its all a bit strange.
bridge.PNG
bridge.PNG (23.78 KiB) Viewed 10472 times

Silvine

Post by Silvine »

Fixed this, somehow the area became corrupted, when I reset the area property of the rooms, they appeared. Even though the above showed the rooms had an area, something was amiss.