ctrl+shift+z opens mudlet??? how to remove?

aetxon

ctrl+shift+z opens mudlet??? how to remove?

Post by aetxon »

basicly topic says it all when I press ctrl+shift+z it opens mudlet for some reason, I have NO idea why, it seems to be a global shortcut, however it also overwrite the REDO function of codeblocks, which I need and use :/ anyone got any idea how to remove this, I've uninstalled mudlet however that only partially helped the global key is still there trying to open mudlet

using windows 7 64 bit.

Vadi

Re: ctrl+shift+z opens mudlet??? how to remove?

Post by Vadi »

Mudlet doesn't do anything of this sort... You must be having another program for this.

Omit

Post by Omit »

Odd.... I tried this just to see and....
ctrl+shift+z does start mudlet.....
I am running windows 7(just fyi) and have not set up any shortcuts like that at all.

Matak

Post by Matak »

Happens to me also - no shortcuts or anything created myself.
Win7 also.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Strange, alright. Don't use Windows and it doesn't happen on Ubuntu.

Rakon

Post by Rakon »

Does not happen on Debian Wheezy either; but I can confirm that in a clean VM with Windows 7 Ultimate and Mudlet installed, CTRL+SHIFT+Z does open Mudlet (using mudlet downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mudlet/ ... e/download )

This only happened when I had the Mudlet shortcut on the desktop however! Something in the shortcut gets set for a hotkey on Mudlet installation.

TO FIX IT:
Right click on the SHORTCUT icon. Select properties. In the properties window, put your cursor in the 'Shortcut key' field. Hit backspace then enter. Click OK and you'll be set!

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Hehe funny but it's true. Works on my windows 7 box also, but this has nothing to do with Mudlet itself. Must be some windows predefined key combination.

Oneymus

Post by Oneymus »

Works for me; Mudlet is not on my desktop, but in the task bar.

vizz

Post by vizz »

Doesn't work for me. It is so annoying because of two things: First of all - during working in Photoshop it is kind of a handy shortcut and I use it a lot if it works. Also it changes keyboard settings between my language and EN. So..
Heiko: I think it can't be any of Windows OTHER thing, because I use it pretty often as U see and I am sure of its functionallity (Windows - changes keyboard language settings; Photoshop - overwrites Windows function and steps backwards - common Undo).
Little edit: Not between PL & EN. Between PL and old PL which without any reason still exists. ;) But still Mudlet opens as keyboard settings being changed.
If there would appear chance of any kind, so U (makers of Mudlet) check this out and put some setting, which could shut this hotkey off, I'd be (and probably the others) much obliged. ;]
Cheers! And Thank U for lot of work up to now!

Darmir

Post by Darmir »

vizz wrote:Doesn't work for me. It is so annoying because of two things: First of all - during working in Photoshop it is kind of a handy shortcut and I use it a lot if it works. Also it changes keyboard settings between my language and EN. So..
Heiko: I think it can't be any of Windows OTHER thing, because I use it pretty often as U see and I am sure of its functionallity (Windows - changes keyboard language settings; Photoshop - overwrites Windows function and steps backwards - common Undo).
Little edit: Not between PL & EN. Between PL and old PL which without any reason still exists. ;) But still Mudlet opens as keyboard settings being changed.
If there would appear chance of any kind, so U (makers of Mudlet) check this out and put some setting, which could shut this hotkey off, I'd be (and probably the others) much obliged. ;]
Cheers! And Thank U for lot of work up to now!
I agree with you vizz. I use Photoshop too and this overwrites the Photoshop shortcut. Since it is more important for me to have Photoshop installed for college and work I will be uninstalling mudlet until this is changed.
Last edited by Darmir on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.