Creating a Blank Profile

Darmir

Creating a Blank Profile

Post by Darmir »

I am trying to follow the wiki on how to create a package and this tells you how to create a blank profile. The instructions says to do the following.
1. export the entire profile with "save profile as". - this works
2. Then create a new empty profile e.g. with your package name. Don’t give a server or port name in the connection dialog and "connect". Mudlet will load the new empty profile although you are offline. - The connect button will not enable unless you have a server and port filled in.

So how do you create one correctly?

I think there should be a checkbox you can check to create a blank profile or to connect to a profile offline.

Omni

Re: Creating a Blank Profile

Post by Omni »

Darmir wrote:I am trying to follow the wiki on how to create a package and this tells you how to create a blank profile. The instructions says to do the following.
2. Then create a new empty profile e.g. with your package name. Don’t give a server or port name in the connection dialog and "connect". Mudlet will load the new empty profile although you are offline. - The connect button will not enable unless you have a server and port filled in.

I think there should be a checkbox you can check to create a blank profile or to connect to a profile offline.
That's due to a change done sometime back. Just enter any string of letters in the server box.

Darmir

Re: Creating a Blank Profile

Post by Darmir »

Omni wrote:
Darmir wrote:I am trying to follow the wiki on how to create a package and this tells you how to create a blank profile. The instructions says to do the following.

That's due to a change done sometime back. Just enter any string of letters in the server box.
Thanks Omni, I figured it out. I think we just need to make an option that you can open a profile offline. You can do that in CMUD which is a very nice feature that you can open an profile offline without it trying to connect to a server.