Missing Lua elements?

tsuujin

Missing Lua elements?

Post by tsuujin »

So I just finally got a working ubuntu box back up (yay!) and went to install mudlet on it. I followed the guide at http://wiki.mudlet.org/w/Compiling_Mudlet (which was by and large the easiest and most error free install guide for mudlet I've seen so far) and got mudlet up and working.

When I attempted to port in all my old scripts I started having issues. First: I got an error from my chat package informing me that color_table wasn't in the global namespace. After looking into it.... it was right. I see it in the LuaGlobal.lua located in the /usr/local/share/mudlet folder but it's not getting imported for some reason...

Next, i got an error when trying to use fg()... a function I've always used with no problem... but no longer exists in the global namespace...

So, maybe there's a miscommunication somewhere? Am I missing something, have we changed the way we handle these elements?

Vadi

Re: Missing Lua elements?

Post by Vadi »

Nope, nothing was changed. Look at the start of your session where LuaGlobal is being loaded - it probably wasn't, due to missing luazip and/or luafilesystem packages on your system.

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

yep, looking into it, i can see errors regarding ziplua and lua file system.

Any suggestion on how to get them easily on ubuntu? Is there a magic package somewhere? Looks like lua50 didn't include them.

Edit:

Nevermind, found them in the repos. now I get:

[ OK ] - Lua module rex_pcre loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module zip loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module lfs loaded
[ OK ] - Lua module sqlite3 loaded
[ ERROR ] - LuaGlobal.lua compile error - please report!cannot open mudlet-lua/lua/LuaGlobal.lua:
No such file or directory

Edit:

If I run the binary that was built in the source folder i don't get this error, but if I run the binary that was placed into my $PATH I do.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Are you running Mudlet from the src direstory?

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

I am now. I was trying to run it from it's install location (somewhere in /usr/local/) which was causing it to not find LuaGlobal. It was looking in the relative directory path from the src folder instead of using the locations stored in src.pro.

this should probably be fixed?

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

The location is hardcoded in Mudlet source code, Heiko prefers that it works in 'dev' mode, and everything else patches the location to where the files go (since it's different in linux/windows/mac).

tsuujin

Post by tsuujin »

Hmm, all right. I figured that it would work fine, because looking at src.pro there are install parameters for both linux and windows, but it's easy enough to just run it from the src location.

Vadi

Post by Vadi »

Yeah. I've adjusted that wiki page