Monk Combo Script Help

ruthia

Monk Combo Script Help

Post by ruthia »

So I put this together, and it works for me, its just a script of keys to use my numpad as a custom combo builder, but it's just a bunch of if/then statements, I was wondering if there was a more efficient way to do this, and if there were some help getting there please. I'm new to coding and just trying to learn at this point
Attachments
customcombo.xml.xml
(8.59 KiB) Downloaded 293 times

Skriptz

Re: Monk Combo Script Help

Post by Skriptz »

Feel free to ignore the below. Someone already made a combo script.
http://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2188

I had a quick look at your script and while I can't load it to have a real good lock since my Mudlet isn't working 100% but I'll tell you how I done it which I think is alright but probably can be better.

First in Keys section I made a folder (always good to be organised) and I did a F1 and F2 with F1 being send("snk " .. target .. ";;ucp " .. target etc) and F2 send("scp stance") or whatever it is. (I'm no longer monk)

Now I did a new key for each body part, left and right arm, left and right leg, torso and head which uses all three moves. I'll show a couple. Rest is easy.
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
--This is for the left leg and used with ctrl + numpad 1
if tekCombo == "0" then
	varKick = "snk " .. target .." left"
	tekCombo = "1"
elseif 
	tekCombo == "1" then
	varPunch1 = "hfp " .. target .. " left"
	tekCombo = "2"
elseif
	tekCombo == "2" then
	varPunch2 = "hfp " .. target .. " left"
end
--This is for the head and used with ctrl + numpad 8
if tekCombo == "0" then
	varKick = "wwk " .. target
	tekCombo = "1"
elseif 
	tekCombo == "1" then
	varPunch1 = "ucp " .. target
	tekCombo = "2"
elseif
	tekCombo == "2" then
	varPunch2 = "ucp " .. target
end
Also have numpad 2 for a sweep
if tekCombo == "0" then
	varKick = "swk " .. target
	tekCombo = "1"
end
So what you do is hold ctrl and press three numpad numbers you want to execute. First is for legs and second and third is for punches. Then this is for execute that combo
--Press the Keypad 0 to execute combo
send("stand;jpk " .. target)
send(varKick)
send(varPunch1)
send(varPunch2)
tekCombo = "0"

Okay now you need variables somewhere so in the Scripts section I have this (which can be cleaned up a little)
-- Combo Variables --

varKick = "0"
varPunch1 = "0"
varPunch2 = "0"

-- Balance --

tekCombo = 0
Now the best part is removing the You don't see him here spam which you create a function which I called gagLine which I stole from someone here.
function gagLine()
	deleteLine()
	tempLineTrigger(1, 1, [[if isPrompt() then deleteLine() end]])
end
And in triggers I do triggers on all the messages that says I do not recognise anything called that here. and You detect nothing here by that name. etc. in the Value section just have gagLine()

I hope you found something useful. Again I did look at your but being in plaintext it was hard to follow.

ruthia

Re: Monk Combo Script Help

Post by ruthia »

yeah mine is just setting the variables to numbers and executing the command based on the number, i guess if i changed the numbers to values as you did I could make it just execute whatever the value as you did to clean up the execute key