Dodge/Parry Envenom Cancel

Epitagh

Dodge/Parry Envenom Cancel

Post by Epitagh »

Alright so the system I want to make tracks what my opponent is afflicted with, which is based on the assumption I stab him with my daggers. So I would have a list of opponent affliction variables I am trying to track
Code: [show] | [select all] lua
oppaff.paralysis = false
oppaff.asthma = false
Then I will have a script to pick venoms and empowerments that the opponent is not already afflicted with so to track it, the system would assign each weapon venoms and set them up appropriatly. For now we just care about the two venom variables.
leftweapon = paralsysis
rightweapon = asthma
What I am having trouble with is this.

If I set the trigger for, say "Lightning-quick you jab your dagger into (\w+)'s right leg." Then got this

Lightning-quick you jab your dagger into (\w+)'s left leg
Lightning-quick you jab your dagger into (\w+)'s right leg
if matches[2] == target then
       oppaff.[[leftweapon]] = true
          leftweapon = nil
end
(I think this is how I would set it up, I haven't put the triggers together yet till I have a decent idea of how to do it)

The parry or dodge line, comes immediatly after. Not as before, as a part of the jab. So I was thinking of making a multiline trigger where the first trigger is canceled if the "(\w+) has parried your attack on (his|her) left leg with a deft maneuver." line followed one line after. I need it to prevent the system from changing an oppaff variable since parry and dodge doesn't let a venom through. So if I get like this

Lightning-quick you jab your dagger into (\w+)'s left leg
(\w+) has parried your attack on (his|her) left leg with a deft maneuver.
Lightning-quick you jab your dagger into (\w+)'s right leg

I don't want the system to change the oppaff for the left leg, since the venom wouldn't go through.

My problem is I can't find any code that would do that. Shutting the trigger off wouldn't work since the hit, comes before the parry.