ANSI Colors not working

DevArrah

ANSI Colors not working

Post by DevArrah »

Hi,

I'd love to start working with the client. It looks awesome but I'm having an issue. I play a LP MUD called 3 kingdoms on Mudlet for Windows 2.0test4. It doesn't seem to recognize any ANSI other than underline. I'm not quite sure how to go about troubleshooting. The start up messages in mudlet display colors as does showColors() but the text from the mud itself is all teal. The other weird part about it is that teal is not default FG color.

If someone has overcome a similiar problem or can suggest a strategy on how to get my ansi working, I'd be much obliged.

Heiko
Site Admin

Re: ANSI Colors not working

Post by Heiko »

You need to turn on ANSI colors in your MUD. Usually there's ways to configure the terminal type to tell the MUD server that your client is able to use ANSI colors.

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

Hmmm... i don't think that's the issue. When I use other clients, the ansi colors appear correctly.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

Works fine automatically for me when I create a new account on 3k.org:23

For existing accounts you prolly have to enable ANSI mode if the MUD isn't configured to support Mudlet automatically. You can enable ansi support on this server with the command: ansi on and read the help files your MUD has on ANSI support.

Mudlet has full support for ANSI colors, extended ANSI format codes and even 256 color mode ANSI/XTerm mode.

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

Any other ideas? My ansi is definitely on (it works in other clients) and i reset everything to default ansi to make sure i didn't customize it. It's set to xterm mode.

Maybe it's something with the escape sequences. Is there something I can reference to match my sequences to what mudlet can interpret?

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

I've tried your MUD and had zero problems whatsoever. Create a new profile in Mudlet and create a new character on your MUD and tell us if your problems go away please.

DevArrah

Post by DevArrah »

Deleting the profile worked! Ugh I should've been thinking horses not zebras.

Thanks!

Evanzan

Post by Evanzan »

I've recently encountered a similar problem with Valhalla (valhalla-dot-com port 4242). Creating a new character through a totally new profile in Mudlet worked to enable full ANSI interpretation, but only for that initial session. When I reconnected with that same profile I lost the properly interpreted ANSI. So, on my second time connecting through that same profile I saw no formatting other than the plain text. Oddly though, it always interprets colors and text formatting on their banner which displays when you connect.

SlySven
Discord: SlySven#2703

Post by SlySven »

Now that is what is called necro-ing a thread - it has been inactive for nearly six years - and I suspect that any problems you are having is a new issue rather than something that I (hope) was fixed before even I started with Mudlet... let's see if there is any response to this thread that has been resurrected...!