Attempt to import locks application OSX Lion

Slayd

Attempt to import locks application OSX Lion

Post by Slayd »

I am running 2.0 rc-8 on a Mac. I just recently upgraded to the Lion OSX 10.7.

When I try to import anything, I see a file dialog window flash briefly then disappear. Mudlet is now locked up and I cannot enter input anymore. It may be the dialog for importing is waiting for a response, but I can not access it and have to close the Mudlet application.

monquipupu

Re: Attempt to import locks application OSX Lion

Post by monquipupu »

this happens to me, too! newly upgraded to lion, running 2.0rc8, been trying to import mag, keep getting the flashing pop-up, then freeze out. tried using 1.1.1, and a handful of earlier versions, but the problem persists. bummer, but very glad im not just losing my mind :) ok, thus far we have an n of 2 .... anyone else experiencing this?

Skriptz

Post by Skriptz »

I have the latest 2.0-test4 and it's doing the exact same thing.
My Mac version is Mac OS X version 10.7 it was working however I think I updated a security update and it stopped working.

Heiko
Site Admin

Post by Heiko »

This is not a Mudlet problem, but a OSX Lion backward compatibility issue. I haven't upgraded to Lion myself and cannot verify this issue. I can do a new build on the basis of the latest Qt release. This *may* fix this Lion issue. Otherwise you have to report the broken file dialog to Apple or the Qt devs directly. This happened with previous Mac OS upgrades also, but never ever with new windows upgrades.

Gharial

Post by Gharial »

Can confirm this happens on 10.7.2 Build 11C74. Other Qt based apps appear unaffected.

Aldani

Post by Aldani »

Are there any updates or workarounds for this? I was able to use an older version of mudlet to import one script, and then it too started displaying this behaviour.